Irish Lights is currently recruiting an experienced and dynamic Electronic Technician to join our engineering operations team in the provision and maintenance of aids to navigation equipment and Irish Lights assets.
Irish Lights is a modern maritime organisation delivering an essential safety service around the coast of Ireland, protecting the marine environment, and supporting the marine industry and coastal communities. Please see our website www.irishlights.ie for further details.
The Electronic Technician will operate as part of multidiscipline teams deployed as required on a coast wide basis, at Irish Lights Dun Laoghaire, or third party locations. He/she will work within their training, skills and competencies to support system design work and to deliver required work packages in an efficient and effective manner. Work packages may involve activity for Irish Lights, other lighthouse authorities or third party commercial work.
Key Requirements, Qualifications, Experience and Required skills
- Relevant professional qualification
- Experienced electronics technician
- High level of installation, testing, commissioning and maintenance skills
- Excellent fault finding and diagnostics skills
- Strong ICT skills
- Record of team building and leadership
- Good planning and logistics skills
- Flexible approach to work and working hours
- Full clean driving license
- Experience of marine environment
- Coastal knowledge
Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. A Candidate Briefing Pack will be sent shortly after receipt of an application. Closing date for applications is close of business Friday 25 May 2018.