Irish Lights wish to recruit an experienced HR Advisor to support the HR function within the organisation, reporting to the Human Resources Manager.
This role provides central support to the HR Manager in the management of absence, occupational health and employment law requirements. The HRA supervises the post of HR Support and ensures the administration of the section is carried out efficiently and effectively.
ROLE AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Work with Directors and managers to develop and optimise the Training and Development function to ensure its effectiveness in supporting the delivery of the organisations strategy
- Drive the Training & Development Strategy to ensure that no training gaps exist and that employees can meet their full potential
- Manage the Irish Lights Sick Leave Scheme and Employee Welfare Policies including application of the rules and regulations
- Manage Occupational Health provision ensuring a fit for purpose, efficient and value for money service which meets statutory obligations
- Advise and proactively guide managers in relation to absence management and Mental Wellbeing
- Input to the development of Irish Lights HR strategy, policies, services and procedures ensuring compliance with relevant statutory legislation and best practice and alignment with the needs of a modern organisation
- Lead and advise management team on internal policy, practice and procedure
- Assist HR Manager and HR Advisor in Recruitment and Selection as required
- Supervise Time & Attendance monitoring including the application of rules and regulations in line with the Organisation of Working Time Act
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Third level qualification in Human Resources or other relevant course of study
- Minimum of five years’ experience in advising management on employment law matters
- Strong communications and problem solving skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Capable of building relationships with leadership teams, employee representatives and external stakeholders
Please click here to view the Candidate Briefing Pack for further information.
Please send your application to Gemma Gregan, Human Resources Advisor, Commissioners of Irish Lights, Harbour Road, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should arrive before close of business on Friday, 24 May 2019. Please view Irish Lights Job Applicant Privacy Notice on the vacancies section of the website.