Irish Lights is seeking to engage a Local Contact at Blackhead Antrim Lighthouse. This is a responsible position that provides an essential service to our coastal communities. The role is primarily based in the location of the Lighthouse at Blackhead Antrim and will include travel and work at other locations, including Ferris Point and Barr Point.
- Checking or resetting of the lighthouse systems and providing first line repair.
- Maintenance, cleaning and painting, within the Local Contact’s training and competence.
- Taking deliveries and holding keys for the lighthouse, for collection by tradespeople etc.
- Taking part in Irish Lights training, as required.
- Being familiar with the running of the Aids to Navigation and lighthouses assigned.
- Being the local, on the ground contact for Irish Lights in the areas.
- Being available, within reason, for a visual check of the Aids to Navigation out of hours.
- Reside within 1 hour driving time of Blackhead Antrim Lighthouse.
- A reliable, diligent, conscientiousness and self-motivated person.
- Possess a good standard of technical and administrative skills.
- Hold a full current clean Driving Licence.
Terms of Engagement:
- Commitment to undertake circa 80 hours’ work per annum.
- Flexible availability to carry out the assigned work.
- Work will be determined by need and seasonal requirements.
Please send a brief cover letter outlining why you are interested in this role together with your CV to email@example.com. Closing date for applications is midnight on 4 June 2023.
The Commissioners of Irish Lights is an equal opportunities employer and
promotes diversity in the workplace