Irish Lights is seeking to engage a part-time Local Contact at St John’s Point Down Lighthouse. This is a responsible position that provides an essential service to our coastal communities. The role is based in the location of the Lighthouse at St John’s Point Down and may, from time to time, be required to travel and work at other locations.
- Checking or resetting of the lighthouse systems and providing first line repair.
- Maintenance, cleaning and painting, within the Local Contact’s training and competence.
- Taking deliveries and holding keys for the lighthouse, for collection by tradespeople etc.
- Taking part in Irish Lights training, as required.
- Being familiar with the running of the Aids to Navigation and lighthouses assigned.
- Being the local, on the ground contact, for Irish Lights in the area.
- Being available, within reason, for a visual check of the Aids to Navigation out of hours.
- Reside within 1 hour driving time of St John’s Point Down Lighthouse.
- A reliable, diligent, conscientiousness and self-motivated person.
- Possess a good standard of technical and administrative skills.
- Hold a full current clean Driving Licence.
Terms of Engagement:
- Commitment to undertake circa 80 hours’ work per annum.
- Flexible availability to carry out the assigned work.
- Work will be determined by need and seasonal requirements.
Please send a brief cover letter outlining why you are interested in this role together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications is midnight on 4 June 2023.
The Commissioners of Irish Lights is an equal opportunities employer and
promotes diversity in the workplace