The mission of Irish Lights is Safe Navigation at Sea. We are a maritime organisation delivering essential 24/7 safety and navigation services around the coast of Ireland, 365 days a year. Our vision is to protect lives, property, trade and the environment by delivering next generation maritime services at the interface of navigation technology, engineering and data management. See our website www.irishlights.ie for further details.
Reporting to the Director of eNavigation and Maritime Services, the Navigation Services Manager will be responsible for leading a team that provides expert navigation and maritime safety advice to the senior management team, CEO, Board and external stakeholders of Irish Lights and for the provision and ongoing development and delivery of key statutory and operational services that meet the challenges and opportunities that exist in the wider national and international environment.
Applicants must have:
- STCW Master Mariner II/2 Unlimited qualification or equivalent.
- Extensive maritime experience at a senior level including navigation of merchant vessels.
- Familiarity with wider maritime legislation, regulations and safety policy environment at national and international level.
- Knowledge and appreciation of the international and national stakeholder landscape.
- Established network of national and coastal contacts.
- Record of team and organisational leadership.
- Record of delivery on budget and time targets.
- Good knowledge modern navigation aids and emerging technology.
- Extensive knowledge of IALA Requirements and AtoN use.
- Excellent, verbal, report writing, communication and people skills.
- Strong ICT skills.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification.
- Extensive coastal knowledge.
- Command Experience or equivalent responsibilities.
- Navigation Risk Assessment qualification or experience.
- Demonstrated experience of influencing national and international maritime policy and regulation.
- Experience of working with international maritime organisations including IALA and IMO and influencing specific agenda’s or outcomes.
- Management of Commercial Contracts.
For more information see Navigation Services Manager role profile.
Closing date is close of business on Friday, 29 March 2019. Please apply by emailing a CV and cover letter to Robert Hudson at firstname.lastname@example.org. A Candidate Briefing pack will be sent shortly after receipt of application.
Please view Irish Lights Job Applicant Privacy Notice on our website.