The mission of Irish Lights is Safe Navigation at Sea. We are a maritime organisation delivering essential 24/7 safety and navigation services around the coast of Ireland, 365 days a year. Our vision is to protect lives, property, trade and the environment by delivering next generation maritime services at the interface of navigation technology, engineering and data management. See our website www.irishlights.ie for further details.
The Archivist and Heritage Officer (Maternity Cover) will manage the Archive and Heritage activities of Irish Lights. The successful candidate will be required to maintain the strong momentum on our Archive and Heritage project ensuring targets are achieved while bringing it up to a modern standard of presentation using international best practice. This is a wide ranging and interesting role for a candidate looking to broaden their experience in an organisation with a rich and deep maritime history.
Applicants must have a recognised post graduate in Archives and Records Management. The successful candidate must also be a member of the Archives and Records Association (UK & Ireland) or other recognised archives professional body.
They will have an active personal network across the professional Archive community in Ireland and be a proven self-starter experience with the initiative and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
In addition, they will have:
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft desktop applications, database management and archival software packages.
- Strong written and verbal communications and presentation skills along with the ability to represent Irish Lights at stakeholder events.
- Demonstrated organisation and administrative skills.
- Self-starter with high energy levels, initiative and strong logical planning ability with a record of tangible project delivery.
- Attention to detail with a focus on results.
For further information, please visit the Irish Lights website for the full job description:
The closing date for applications is close of business 17 September 2021. Please apply by sending a CV and cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com. Please view Irish Lights Job Applicant Privacy Notice on the Vacancies page.