Irish Lights is currently recruiting an experienced Lighthouse Technician to join our engineering and operations team in our Coastal Operations Department in the provision and maintenance of aids to navigation equipment and Irish Lights’ assets.
Irish Lights is a modern maritime organisation delivering an essential safety service around the coast of Ireland, protecting the marine environment, and supporting the marine industry and coastal communities.
See our website www.irishlights.ie for further details.
The Lighthouse Technician will operate as part of multidisciplinary team deployed as required on a coast wide basis, at Irish Lights Dun Laoghaire, or third party locations. The Lighthouse Technician will work within their training, skills and competencies to support system design work and to deliver required work packages in an efficient and effective manner. Work packages may involve activity for Irish Lights, other lighthouse authorities or third party commercial work. The Lighthouse Technician will report to Lighthouse Team Leads and Operations Engineering Managers, and will be based in our Dun Laoghaire Office. Regular travel around the coast will be required. Occasional travel abroad may also be required.
- Experienced electrical technician with relevant qualifications
- High level of installation, testing, commissioning and maintenance skills
- Excellent fault finding and diagnostics skills
- Strong ICT skills
- Good organisational, planning and logistics skills
- Sound knowledge of electrical regulations
- Team player with good communication and people skills
- Full current clean driving licence
- Knowledge of electronics and automation
- Experience of diesel generators and alternators
- Experience of marine environment
- Coastal knowledge
- Awareness of health and safety legislation
Applicants must be time served electricians with relevant qualifications.
Please click here to view the Candidate Briefing Pack for further information on the role and requirements.
The closing date for applications is Monday, 30 May 2022.
Please apply by sending a CV and cover letter to Gemma Gregan at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please view Irish Lights Job Applicant Privacy Notice on the Vacancies page.