We have lots of properties and infrastructure around the coastline, both onshore and offshore – including many ‘high sites’ ideal for mounting specialist communications equipment.
Most sites enjoy mains power and can facilitate additional communications equipment or environment telemetry devices.
Third-party equipment is sited at many of our coastal sites to facilitate:
- Mobile operator network coverage
- Weather monitoring
- Data collection for academic and industry organisations
Aims of Irish Light’s third-party hosting programme
- Evaluate the suitability of our sites to support third-party data acquisition
- Ensure that third-party equipment is hosted in a manner that minimises as far as possible effects on local residents and visual impact, respects natural and human heritage features, and is sensitive to land uses
- Promote a consistent approach in the preparation, assessment and determination of applications for equipment siting and associated planning approval of telecommunication infrastructure if required
- Encourage consultation by interested clients early in the permitting process if required
- Remove disused equipment structures when they cease to be operational
For further information, please contact our Commercial Services team.
Phone: +353 1 271 5400